A&M Nut & Bolt is a nationwide leader in manufacturing the ASTM F1554 anchor bolt. Simply put, our lead times are short, our quality is very good, and our pricing is competitive.
We can cut, thread, and bend round bar to your specification. We can currently cut thread up to 4″ diameter and roll thread up to 2 1/4″ diameter.
We have an extensive machine line up so that we can put your order into production right away. We know that many times drawings are provided to PM’s and purchasing people only days prior to when bolts are needed on site. We respond very well to these types of situations.
As the name suggests, anchor bolts are used for anchoring structural supports to concrete foundations. The most common uses include building columns, column supports for highway signs, street lighting, traffic signals, steel bearing plates, bridges, and many other applications.
The F1554 anchor bolt is currently the most common anchor bolt specification. This specification includes Double End Studs, Bent Anchor Bolts, and headed configurations. The F1554 comes in the following materials: carbon, carbon boron, and alloy. The ASTM F1554 anchor bolts also come in three strength grades, two thread classes, and in a range of different sizes.
Characteristics of Each Strength Grade:
Tensile and Yield strength indicated is measured in KSI (what does this stand for?). The nuts and washers listed below should be used for each grade/size combination unless specified otherwise.
F1554 Grade 36
Grade 36 anchor bolts are the most common type of anchor bolt that is manufactured. They are made from low carbon steel “A36” and are supplied hot-dip galvanized, mechanical galvanized or standard black.
Yield (max): 36
Diameters Covered: 1”-4”
Identification Color: BLUE
F1554 Grade 55
Yield (max): 55
Diameters Covered: 1”-4”
Identification Color: YELLOW
F1554 Grade 105
Yield (max): 105
Diameters Covered: 1”-3”
Identification Color: RED
Flat washers should be ASTM F436 unless otherwise specified.
See Table below for recommended hex nuts.
How to Call Out When Ordering:
Reference the information below when discussing F1554 anchor bolts in general. It is most beneficial to cover the dimensions and material in the order listed here when quoting and ordering.
- Overall Length (Length of Long Leg if ordering a Bent Anchor Bolt)
- Configuration (Double End Stud, Bent Anchor Bolt, etc.)
- Length of Short Leg if Applicable
- Thread Length on Applicable Ends
- Total Number of Applicable nuts, washers, and plates PER BOLT
- Material Grade
- Material Finish
Points Worth Noting About ASTM F1554:
- Any time F1554 Grade 36 is specified the manufacturer (at their discretion) can provide weldable F1554 Grade 55 as an acceptable substitute.
- A nut can be tack-welded to the end of a Double End Stud in order to provide an anchoring feature similar to a hex head in most cases.
- F1554 Grade 105 is often interchangeable with ASTM A193 Grade B7 due to their properties being virtually identical.
- Hot dip galvanizing F1554 Grade 105 can increase the risk of hydrogen embrittlement and therefor should be taken into careful consideration during the engineering process. It is acceptable under the spec to hot dip galvanize F1554 Grade 105, but not necessarily recommended.